So I know that most of you depressing motherfuckers watch about 98% anime and like 2% of everything else, and the opposite of you guys is basically my IRL friends.
Long before I tried convincing them to watch this shit like the weeb that I am, they always assumed that anime was like, Pokemon and Sailor Moon and they never really gave a shit about it.
Until, that is, I introduced them to Wolf Children.
If y’all haven’t seen Wolf Children, good. Don’t watch it. Don’t watch it unless you want to cry like a little bitch whenever you see a gif of this show. It’s fucking beautiful, holy balls.
And the food. Dang son.
So I decided that today we gon’ learn how to make chicken kabobs with a thick, teriyaki dipping sauce. Partially because it looks hella fun to eat, and partially because I’m feeling masochistic today and I feel like eating this while crying over this beautiful fucking movie.
Hana’s Chicken Skewers with Thick Teriyaki Dipping Sauce
(servings: 4, one for you, and the rest for your non existent wolf husband and children)
adapted from: x
Ingredients for Chicken Skewers-
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts, halved and skin removed
- you can replace the salt with your tears if you manage to cry enough into the marinade because of this depressingly beautifully amazing fuckin movie.
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
Ingredients for Teriyaki Dipping Sauce-
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
Procedure for Chicken-
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pour over the chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Cover that shit and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. If you’re a lazy, hungry fuck, though, you can just let it marinate for like 1-2 hours.
- Heat up a cast iron grill pan till that shit be hotter than Hana’s dead husband (I know that’s what you’re thinking, I’m rolling with it).
- Grill the chicken breasts for at least 10 minutes on each side, until just cooked through.
- 4 minutes before you finish grilling, add the bell pepper halves, allow it to cook along with the chicken, flipping over to allow it to heat up everywhere. If you think the peppers need more time to cook, go for it, son.
- Cool slightly and cut the chicken diagonally in 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut the peppers into a similar size as the chicken.
- Skewer with wooden sticks and serve with Teriyaki Sauce.
Procedure for Teriyaki Dipping Sauce-
- Mix everything but the cornstarch and 1/4c water in a sauce pan and begin to cook it over medium-high heat.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
- Heat the mixture until the sauce thickens to your desired thickness.
- If it gets too thick for y’all to handle, just add a bit of water, yo. No harm done.
- Let it cool for a bit and then pour the sauce into a tall glass so you can dip your chicken skewers in it.
- Serve with rice
Well punch my uncle and call me an emu we just made some delicious fuckin chicken skewers.
I’M LIKE HAPPY. BECAUSE THAT MEANS FOOD. BUT ALSO SAD BECAUSE THAT MEANS ITS NOW TIME TO SIT DOWN AND WATCH THIS BEAUTIFUL MOVIE.
SHOULD I EVEN BOTH PUTTING MAKE UP ON FOR SHITTY SELFIES? I KNOW I’LL CRY IT OFF IN LIKE 20 MINUTES ANYWAY.
Ugh. Anyway, enough about my issues, you losers go eat your delicious fucking chicken and try not to die too much during this movie.